If you have been thinking about moving to the United States (US) for a long time but cannot decide definitively, now is the time to act. Let us tell you why. US immigration laws are both complex and demanding. In order to legally move and live in America, one needs to have grounds...
You must meet the following conditions to obtain an E-3 visa:
- You are an Australian citizen.
- You have a university degree.
- You have a legal offer of employment in the United States. You must have a letter or another signed document from your employer indicating your specialization and the amount of your financial renumeration. Please note that the amount of this renumeration must exceed your current salary.
- You are qualified to work in the proposed specialization. If required (such as for positions as a veterinarian, doctor or lawyer), you must have the necessary license or other authorization to work in your specialization before you can start working. .
Common law and E-3 classification:
- Only Australian citizens may apply for E-3 visa.
- If a visa is granted, the purpose of the visit should be to work exclusively within your obtained specialization.
Visa validity period
The E-3 visa is valid for two years. You can apply for a visa extension an unlimited number of times. Visa extensions are also be valid for two years.
E-3 Visa holder’s family
Your spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 are entitled to enter with you under the same E-3 type visa. Your spouse is entitled to a work permit, and your children may attend school or other educational institutions without the right to work. For children to obtain a work permit, one must apply by using Form I-765.